Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Ghost Town

Ghost Town
By Chelsea Pritchett
I walk through this
Ghost town
I once called home,
The wind sweeps away my
Fondest memories
Yet, the bird's chirping
Gives me hope,
That there is still life in this
Rugged, ole town
When I turn the corner,
I hear a soft cry.
A little girl, all alone,
Cries for her mother in this
Ghost town
As I cradle her in my arms,
She lets me know,
There is still hope in this
Ghost town,
And life will soon stir.
Oh how I love this
Ghost town.
This poem "Ghost Town" came to my thoughts one day as
I was listening to the news. They were talking about the Hurricanes and
how New Orleans was once again a ghost town.I thought about writing a poem called ghost town, and I did. I love writing poetry, I find joy in it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

simply wonderful!
You have a wonderful gift of poetry!
I amglad you are using it.

September 30, 2005 8:03 PM  
Blogger Life is better in the South said...

Yes she does. I wrote a poem early last week and started to post it, then when I went to publish, it told me to login (?) and then it DELETED my poem!!!!!!!!! No worry though it will be on my blog soon.

October 01, 2005 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home