Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Day Well Spent

Today, I planted flower bulbs. Tulips to be exact. My day started out at my friends house, and they dropped me off around11. Mama and I, later, went to HomeDepot and bought some tulip. I was anticipating planting them. we bought 70 red ones and 70 mixed. We also got this nifty little bulb digger(that probably doesn't make any sense) anyway, I started digging the holes, then I put the bulbs in the holes and covered them up and watered. Now, keep in mind that I was outside for the majority of the day. I love to garden!! so, after I had gotten done planting, I decided to count how many bulbs I had left in the sacks. I had 26 left, so I figured out I planted 114 bulbs that day. My hands are still sore from holding and pressing down the shovel and other stuff all day. Well, This isn't a very long post, but my post before this one is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long. It makes up for my short post...or long waits between posts. Have a great day,night,afternoon,morning,etc.:) *and don't worry, I will psot pictures of my trip, they're getting developed right now*

2 Comments:

Blogger Marjoniqua said...

YAY!!!! Bulbs bulbs I LOVE bulbs!!!! Can't wait to see 'em this spring! By the way it is REALLY cold down here right now.

October 25, 2005 4:09 PM  
Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

I love planting with my mom. I think I enjoy it even more these days since I don't get to be outside as much.

Ya'll put in a hard day's work. I was amazed at the number of flowers you planted! You'll have to show us some pictures of them when they come up.

October 26, 2005 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home